Requirments To Get Admission in Delhi University
Delhi University (DU) is one of India’s most esteemed colleges. Every year a great many individuals apply for induction into Delhi college however just a modest bunch really get entrance into DU. There are numerous reasons why understudies neglect to get induction into Delhi University, for example, not monitoring the DU qualification standards for different courses. Prior to applying to any course at Delhi University, understudies ought to know about the qualification rules. Along these lines, we have arranged the DU qualification standards 2021 for imminent understudies who are keen on entrance into DU
How can I take admission in DU?
Candidates can apply for admission either via DUET for entrance exam based courses or online for merit-based courses. DU releases cut-offs for colleges and based on the merit (best of 4 subjects in class 12th) and cut-offs, candidate can go to the desired college for the further process of admission.
Each course at the Delhi University has its own set of eligibility criteria that prospective students need to be aware of. There are two basic eligibility criteria that dictate candidates applying for admission into DU must have passed their 10+2, and that there is no age limit to apply for UG courses. It should be noted that admission into B. Tech courses will be done on the basis of the students’ JEE Mains scores. Here are the eligibility criteria for all courses-
- BA/B.Com – 40% Marks in aggregate
- B.Voc – 40% Marks in aggregate
- BA (Hons.)/B.Com (Hons.) – 45% Marks in aggregate.
- B.Sc (Hons.) Mathematics – 50% marks in Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Botany, Zoology, •Microbiology – 55% or more marks in aggregate of 3 subjects and passing in one compulsory language i.e. English with 50% marks
- B.Tech (Information Technology & Mathematical Innovation)
- BA (Hons.) Humanities & Social Science – General Category – 60% marks, OBC Category – 54% marks, PwD/CW category: 57% Marks
- BA (Hons.) Multimedia/Mass Communication – 75% marks for the general category with 85% in English
- BMS/BA (Hons.) Business Economics/•BBA (FIA) – Genera – 60% marks, 55% marks for SC/ST/OBC
- B.Ed – Bachelor or masters degree in Science / Social Science /Humanities/ Commerce or any equivalent stream.
- MA – Bachelor’s degree
- MCA – Bachelor degree or an equivalent degree
- M.Sc – Pass Undergraduate degree
- M.Com- Pass B.Com/B.Com (Hons.)/•B.A (Hons.) Economics/ BBS.BBA/BBA/BIFA/BBE
- LLB – Pass Graduate / Post Graduate Degree.
- LLM – Pass 3/5 years LLB degree
- M.Ed – Pass B.Ed, BA B.Ed, B.Sc B.Ed, B.El Ed and D.El Ed with a UG degree securing at least 50% marks.
- Master of Physical Education – Bachelor of Physical Education or B.Sc in Health and Physical Education with at least 50%
How much percentage is required for UG admission at Delhi University?
For applying in UG courses at Delhi University, the minimum qualification is 12th passed/appearing with 75% aggregate of best four including 85% in English for the general category. A general candidate should have Minimum 60% in four subjects (including mathematics), 54% for OBC, and passing marks are required for SC/ST.
What are the UG entrance based admission courses in DU?
✓ Entrance test based courses are – BA (Hons) Business Economics, BA (Hons) Humanities & Social Sciences, BA (Hons) Multimedia and Mass Communication, BA (Hons) Hindustani Music, BA (Hons) in Karnatak Music, BA (Hons) Percussion Music, Bachelor of Management Studies, Bachelor of Business Administration, B.Tech (IT & Mathematical Innovations), Bachelors of Elementary Education, Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports and Five Years Integrated Programme in Journalism in Delhi School of Journalism.
List of Documents for Delhi University Admissions 2021
Here is the list of documents that candidates need to upload during the DU online registration process 2021: –
- Class X Certificate or Mark Sheet
- Class XII Provisional/ Original Certificate/ Mark Sheet
- Recent Character Certificate
- Transfer/ Migration Certificate
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Scanned Signature
- PWD/ ST/ SC certificate (Only for the candidates belonging to these categories)
- OBC – NCL (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (OBC-NCL)
- Kashmir Migrant Certificate (Only those applying under Kashmir Migrant Quota)
- Educational Concession Certificate (Only CW Quota)
Apart from knowing the eligibility criteria for admission into Delhi University 2021 batch, candidates should also be thoroughly aware of the process for DU application 2021. Candidates planning to apply to DU are advised to check out the full registration and application process along with all the documents required on the Delhi University website to increase their chances of getting into the Delhi University 2021 batch. Stay tuned for more updates on DU .
- Soon after the CBSE Class 12 Board Exam 2021 was cancelled, CISCE and various other state boards also followed suit. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) notified that the Class 12 Board Exam 2021 candidates will be evaluated on the basis of an objective criteria which will be soon announced by the board.
- DU acting VC stated that the admission procedure of DU is linked with the Class 12 Board Exam results and it has happened many times that if the board results are delayed due to special circumstances, the University of Delhi also extends its admission for some time.
- In Delhi University, if you look at the previous years, we give admission to students on the basis of merit. This time due to the special circumstances of COVID-19, the Government of India has decided to keep in mind the safety of the students. ” He informed that this year whether it is CBSE or other state boards, the admission to DU will be based on the marks of the students.
- The students interested to seek admission to DU must keep an eye on the official website of DU at du.ac.in for any updates on admission.